First Times Home Buyer Tips
If you are you in the process or are thinking about buying your first home, there hasn't been a better time to do it than right now, home prices are way down from the previous couple years, interest rates are history low, there are too many great deal out there like bank foreclosures, short sales among others. If you are serious about buying a home, here are some tips to consider that I hope will be helpful on getting you ready to make your dream a reality.
1. Contact a reputable local REALTOR® to assist you with all necessary steps in home buying process. A knowledgeable real estate agent should be able to answer most questions or direct you to a good source for an answer related to home buying process, local communities, neighborhoods, local schools, etc.
2. Educate yourself as much as possible about the home buying process so you can make a wise decision. Some resources would be; the Internet where there is always a wealth of available information, a local first home buyer seminar if available or contact a knowledgeable local REALTOR® for a first time home buying consultation.
3. Before you begin your house hunting, make sure to know what you are looking for and how much you'll be able to spend. Make your own wish list of those absolutely things you must have and a list of the things would be nice to have but that you could live without.
4. Your real estate agent could help you find a knowledgeable local lender, if you don't have one, to see if you qualify to buy a home, see how much you can afford, what mortgage program are available and which program will best fit you needs. If it is possible use a local reputable lender, nothing against out of the area or on-line lenders, (that its another post), but you need someone easily accessible to quickly take care unexpected issues that may arise through out the transaction.
5. Once you find a home and have your offer accepted, stay in close contact with your lender and real estate agent through out the closing process. It is very important to provide all information and document needed in a timely manner to not miss or dilate important deadlines like home inspection responses, appraisal and closing date.
You can find more first time home buyer tips here and more information about the buying process in the following articles or websites:
Or visit the HUD website for wealth of information about home buying process.
Necesita Ayuda en Español? Informacion en su idioma sobre Casas de venta en Longview WA y Vancouver WA!